Frosty Spring morning

Frosty Spring morning

Monday 11 November 2013

Big Fat Zero



 It has started.

 I read a memo that circulated to Australian Government departments a week or so ago about freezing recruitment and not renewing contracts as Tony lunges towards his promised 12000 job cuts to Public Service.

I was bemused as they rolled out the old chestnut  rhetoric about “no cuts to services” as a result of the staffing reductions.

So, if that’s the case, why is it that a document I requested (and paid for already) which should have been delivered ‘within 30 days’ is now nearly 2 weeks overdue? And more to the pint, why is it that my email inquiry about where the job is up to has been answered with a computer generated message that gives me a number for the inquiry and says: ‘We aim to respond to inquiries within 30 days’.  

Now I have two numbers: the original order number and the inquiry number, but I still have no papers, no answers and no service. 

Mathematically you are on to a winner Tony.

Here’s my reasoning.

Let “No service in the first place” =0 

Let “No cuts to the original service” = 0

Therefore 0-0=0 = no reduction in services

Bingo!

Gotta love weasel words. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Art Work of the Week 

This week's work has not been realised - an indication of what could happen if Tony's policies applied in my world- no artist; no art!

1 comment:

  1. Do more with less - Something has to give!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment