Frosty Spring morning

Frosty Spring morning

Thursday 3 April 2014

Righteous indignation



I’ve been contemplating why it is so long between blog posts, but I think I have figured it out.

Over the first one hundred days of the current Australian Government there has  something every day that has me in an outrage. I circle newspaper comments with big red loops, grind my pencil under words that nark, draw devil horns and moustaches over seemingly innocuous portraits and send for the thesaurus to find more vituperative words to describe my antipathy. 

There is so much to be infuriated about that I despair I will sever the TV antennae, shred my daily newspaper before I read it, and block all current affairs access on my phone.  I am at risk of becoming a hermit, but I loathe sackcloth and dirt, and really couldn’t grow a post menopausal beard to speak of even if I wished.

I’ve had it with:

·         Inhumane refugee policy
r    Orange lifeboats
·         Lack of transparency
·         Lack of information
·         Cuts to everything
·         Demonising of workers
·         Destruction of the environment
·         Debunking of science, and
·         The general tendency to mendacity and deceit  that tells us we have had it too good and now we need a little Presbyterian austerity, or Catholic penance.

So, I’m taking a well earned emotional break away. I’m off to Rutherglen for a bloody good slurp of the best vintages I can find. 

If I fall of my bike enroute, then someone cover me in righteous indignation and let me sleep it off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ART WORK OF THE WEEK

Nothing is quite like it seems
Detail: Fruit flies.  Acrylic on Canvas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment