Frosty Spring morning

Frosty Spring morning

Sunday 18 August 2013

Zip it



I’ve gone off the election with is suppository of knowledge, its Daggy dad statements, baby kissing, factory swanning, creation of new countries and reinventions of Judaism. 

 But I do like The Roast. I can get a snappy take on the day’s events with a good smattering of ironic joviality without the turgid trawling over minutiae from the regular media.  

Does that mean I am becoming one of the Twitterati with an attention span of 140 characters?

A fresh approach is always good and they say everything comes back, but it comes back different. So I have a suggestion. Could we cover the election through a series of Dorothy Dix letters?

Here are a couple to start: 

Dear Dorothy
 I am thinking of planning and overseas holiday and have run in to trouble.
 I have been trying to find the airline that flies into Islam, but agents look at me in confusion and the Virgin  and Qantas sites just crash and can’t answer the question.
Signed
Please explain
xxxxx
 One Nation Candidate :)

Dear Dorothy
 Can you tell me the six points of our Liberal party six point plan for fixing Australia. I seem to have forgotten them.
Signed
Bunny in the headlights
Liberal Candidate, Greenway

Dear Dorothy
I can't understand why the nation is not fascinated with my Titanic vision, and won't come on board. The electorate is decidedly icy. Can you help me swim against the tide?
Signed
Looking forward, looking back
Palmer United Party

Dear Dorothy
If I continue to say Stop the Boats will it become a self-fulfilling policy? I have expanded my repertoire to include: And the Boats will stop, and promised to cut the number of arrivals to three shortly after my imminent election. Should I be nervous?
Signed
Sex appeal in speedos
Liberal Annointed

Dear Dorothy
Is it negative to be positive?
Gotta zip
Signed
Ever the optimist
Labor Hopeful
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week's art work

Depends on your perspective 

Small rocks. Acrylic, thread and fishing flies on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment